- 25-Jul-2013 to 30-Oct-2013 (CST)
- College Station, TX, USA
- Full Time
Lynntech is seeking an experienced and creative electronics engineer with expertise in embedded firmware development as well as circuit board design for the various applications discussed below to join our close-knit collaborative group. We rely on a high level of technical competence and efficiency within our team and are looking for a motivated, talented, and skilled engineer to join us in developing advanced technology solutions. This Engineer will have the opportunity to be involved in the following functions as part of this job:
- Develop Firmware for embedded microcontroller based systems
- Design Printed Circuit Boards for miniaturized optoelectronic sensing systems
- Test and Troubleshoot RFID based sensing systems
- Planning and execution of test activities, and development and implementation of test plans and procedures.
- Assist in the generation of new ideas and concepts for the utilization of various technologies for solving scientific challenges in various applications.
- Participate in the procurement of near and long term funding commitments for performing feasibility studies and for developing applied technology and product solutions for specific customers as a lead author, co-author or in a supporting role.
Lynntech develops world-class technology solutions and is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from preliminary concept generation and feasibility demonstration all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing of products to meet different customer needs by integrating creative talent, business expertise, and purpose-built facilities.
Lynntech's engineering personnel are actively engaged in various stages of applied technology development from preliminary concept generation and feasibility demonstration all the way through supporting advanced engineering and manufacturing development of products to meet different customer needs. Examples of technologies that Lynntech's engineers currently develop or support include:
- Hybrid Energy and Power Systems utilizing fuel cells, batteries, electrolyzers etc. for various unmanned land, air, and sea platforms.
- Advanced Combustion, Reformation and Gas Purification Systems for improved power generation and resource utilization.
- Flow Separation Control Systems for various aerodynamic platforms.
- Image processing and Algorithm Development for sensor fusion applications.
- Advanced Medical and Biomedical Sampling, Diagnostics and Detection Systems for health programs within the defense, and space community.
- Design, Analysis, and other Engineering Support for various other defense, aerospace, medical and energy platforms.
Why should you work at Lynntech?
- Your work will have impact and make a difference in the world: Lynntech employees get to work across various disciplines, and are engaged in all aspects of technology development from idea generation to commercialization.
- You get the best of both worlds: We offer the infrastructure and stability of an established company as well as the challenge, benefits, and entrepreneurial spirit associated with a small business.
- Your work will be interesting and varied: You will have the opportunity to be creative and work on a myriad of projects across various industries (defense, energy, aerospace and medical). If you can get buy-in for your idea and procure funding to pursue research, you will get to work on it.
- You'll be able to contribute to the organization in a variety of ways: You will get to wear a variety of hats in this role – some examples include core technology strategy development, proposal writing, research and technology development, product development, program management, business development, mentorship of young researchers.
- You get to work with the best, the brightest, and the most creative: People are Lynntech's biggest asset. We employ personnel across a broad range of disciplines including physicists, chemists, biologists, engineers, program managers, and business development.
The applicant is anticipated to have the following qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field with at least 5 years of documented experience with electronics engineering design, and embedded microcontroller programming or similar relevant education and experience.
- Knowledge of PCB design methods and tools such as Altium Designer, SPICE modeling applied to analog and digital circuit development.
- Expertise in fundamental engineering principles & design process with emphasis on the applications discussed above.
- Strong technical writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment involving close interaction with other engineers within the department as well as physicists, chemists, and biologists.
- Must be a US Citizen, or Permanent Resident, to meet contract requirements.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.lynntech.com. Feel free to include a cover letter or expanded resume to outline how you fit this position. Lynntech is an EEO/AA employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!