- 28-Jun-2013 to 02-Sep-2013 (CST)
- College Station, TX, USA
- Full Time
Lynntech is seeking an experienced and creative integration and testing engineer with expertise in the planning and execution of testing of various components, sub-systems and systems as well as system integration and in the implementation of test automation for the various applications discussed below to join our close-knit collaborative group. We rely on a high level of technical competence and efficiency within our team and are looking for a motivated, talented, and skilled engineer to join us in developing advanced technology solutions. This Engineer will have the opportunity to be involved in the following functions as part of this job:
- Planning and execution of test activities, and development and implementation of test plans and procedures as well as test readiness reviews while balancing the cost of effort in the development of automated versus manual test procedures,
- Identifying via design and analysis the necessary parts, components and other balance of plant equipment necessary for the creation of various test systems,
- Identify and mitigate technical risks prior to and during testing,
- Conduct or supervise required analysis and testing on various subsystem and system components,
- Coordinate the overall integration of systems and optimize the system components packaging within units to minimize product size and enhance product performance,
- Collaborate with the Mechanical Design, Systems Engineering, and Instrumentation and Control teams on product design projects,
- Real-time embedded system development utilizing the FPGA and Real-Time Modules associated with LabVIEW.
- Remote operation of off-site pilot scale operations developed with custom and off-the-shelf hardware controlled via LabVIEW.
- Development of simple to complex data logging schemes to tailor to the needs of the unit under test.
- Quick debugging and troubleshooting of complex systems using built-in features of LabVIEW.
- Develop and manage key system design documents including electrical and mechanical build schematics, standard operating procedures, testing project management, etc.
- Assist in the generation of new ideas and concepts for the utilization of various technologies for solving scientific challenges in various applications,
- Participate in the procurement of near and long term funding commitments for performing feasibility studies and for developing applied technology and product solutions for specific customers as a lead author, co-author or in a supporting role.
Lynntech develops world-class technology solutions and is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from preliminary concept generation and feasibility demonstration all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing of products to meet different customer needs by integrating creative talent, business expertise, and purpose-built facilities.
Lynntech's engineering personnel are actively engaged in various stages of applied technology development from preliminary concept generation and feasibility demonstration all the way through supporting advanced engineering and manufacturing development of products to meet different customer needs. Examples of technologies that Lynntech's engineers currently develop or support include:
- Hybrid Energy and Power Systems utilizing fuel cells, batteries, electrolyzers etc. for various unmanned land, air, and sea platforms.
- Advanced Combustion, Reformation and Gas Purification Systems for improved power generation and resource utilization.
- Flow Separation Control Systems for various aerodynamic platforms.
- Image processing and Algorithm Development for sensor fusion applications.
- Advanced Medical and Biomedical Sampling, Diagnostics and Detection Systems for health programs within the defense, and space community.
- Design, Analysis, Testing and other Engineering Support for various other defense, aerospace, medical and energy platforms.
Why should you work at Lynntech?
- Your work will have impact and make a difference in the world: Lynntech employees get to work across various disciplines, and are engaged in all aspects of technology development from idea generation to commercialization.
- You get the best of both worlds: We offer the infrastructure and stability of an established company as well as the challenge, benefits, and entrepreneurial spirit associated with a small business.
- Your work will be interesting and varied: You will have the opportunity to be creative and work on a myriad of projects across various industries (defense, energy, aerospace and medical). If you can get buy-in for your idea and procure funding to pursue research, you will get to work on it.
- You'll be able to contribute to the organization in a variety of ways: You will get to wear a variety of hats in this role – some examples include core technology strategy development, proposal writing, research and technology development, product development, program management, business development, mentorship of young researchers.
- You get to work with the best, the brightest, and the most creative: People are Lynntech's biggest asset. We employ personnel across a broad range of disciplines including physicists, chemists, biologists, engineers, program managers, and business development.
Some examples of the skills and techniques applicable to this position are as follows.
- Integration and Test of complex systems
- Experience with analyzing risks and developing mitigation strategies for systems integration and testing.
- Basic knowledge of systems engineering and the ability to interface with various teams within the product development process including but not limited to CAD, electronics, instrumental, control and software development, machining and fabrication, and system assembly and testing.
- Hands-on experience in developing test systems and procedures for various thermal-fluid, chemical processing, advanced combustion and electrochemical applications.
- Experience with high-temperature systems and combustible gases
- Familiarity with assembly, fabrication, testing, and characterization techniques for advanced electro-chemical systems such as fuel cells, electrolyzers, oxygen concentrators etc.
- Experience with electrochemical measurement techniques and characterization skills
- Experience with integration of LabVIEW software with various hardware interfaces such as FieldPoint, CompactRIO, CompactDAQ, third-party PLCs, and multiple USB data acquisition devices.
The applicant is anticipated to have the following qualifications.
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a related field with at least 4-5 years of documented experience with systems integration and testing or similar relevant education and experience.
- Expertise in fundamental engineering principles & system design process with emphasis on the applications discussed above.
- Strong technical writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment involving close interaction with other engineers within the department as well as physicists, chemists, and biologists.
- Must be a US Citizen, or Permanent Resident, to meet contract requirements.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.lynntech.com. Feel free to include a cover letter or expanded resume to outline how you fit this position. Lynntech is an EEO/AA employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!