- 16-Apr-2013 to 15-Jun-2013 (CST)
- Energy and Power
- College Station, TX, USA
- Full Time
Lynntech is seeking an experienced and creative Research Assistant to assist in the development of technologies within our collaborative group. A Research Assistant will typically have a BS or MS degree and 0-4 years experience. PhDs will not be considered for this career track.
Lynntech develops world-class technology solutions and is actively engaged in various stages of technology development from preliminary concept generation and feasibility demonstration all the way through advanced engineering and manufacturing of products to meet different customer needs by integrating creative talent and business expertise.
The Energy and Power (EP) Division is comprised of a group of Scientists and Engineers that develop advanced and commercially viable technologies for defense, aerospace, energy and medical applications. Example applications that Lynntech's EP unit is currently working on include batteries, fuel cells, electrolyzers, and electrochemical biosensors.
The EP unit is seeking a Research Assistant to assist in the development of technologies for a variety of applications. This Research Assistant will have the opportunity to be involved in the following functions as part of this job:
- Assist in the execution of a broad area of projects to commercialize and deliver world class products that meet customer expectations
- Work directly with Principal Investigators and multidisciplinary team members on research and development projects to accomplish technical goals and objectives
- Characterize materials using analytical techniques and make recommendations based off the results
Why should you work at Lynntech?
- Your work will have an impact and make a difference in the world: Lynntech employees get to work across various disciplines, and are engaged in all aspects of technology development from idea generation to commercialization.
- You get the best of both worlds: We offer the infrastructure and stability of an established company as well as the challenge, benefits, and entrepreneurial spirit associated with a small business.
- Your work will be interesting and varied: You will have the opportunity to be creative and work on a myriad of projects across various industries (defense, energy, aerospace and medical).
- You get to work with the best, the brightest, and the most creative: People are Lynntech's biggest asset. We employ personnel across a broad range of disciplines including physicists, chemists, biologists, engineers, program managers, and business development.
Some examples of the skills and techniques applicable to this position are as follows:
- Prior laboratory experience in analytical instrumentation and chemical synthesis is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemistry and engineering lab safety procedures
This applicant is anticipated to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Chemistry, Materials Science, or Engineering
- Strong technical writing, speaking, and presentation skills
Preferred qualifications for this position are
- Experience in biosensors, biofuel cells, and/or bioelectrochemical devices
- Experience in organic synthesis, polymer synthesis, and/or membrane fabrication and characterization
- Experience in electrodes and/or electrolytes for batteries or fuel cells
The company anticipates hiring up to 3 candidates under this job posting.
In your cover letter, please list which of the three areas you have relevant experience for and provide details on your experience for the position including research, coursework, or other activities.
Candidate must be a "US Person" (Citizen or Permanent resident) due to contract requirements.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.lynntech.com. Feel free to include a cover letter or expanded resume to outline how you fit this position.
Lynntech is an EEO/AA employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!