- 01-Feb-2013 to 16-Apr-2013 (CST)
- College Station, TX, USA
- Full Time
Lynntech, Inc is seeking a Systems Engineer to serve in a positive and professional manner. This is NOT an IT position. This employee performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal. He/she ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. This employee performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
An ideal candidate will possess a background in broad based engineering skills in software and hardware in systems engineering with project management experience of technical projects.
• Bachelor's degree with 7-10 years of relevant experience in an industry that utilizes classical systems engineering.
• Professional Engineer certification and Project Management Professional certification desired.
• You must be a US Citizen.
• Current Security Clearance is preferred and all candidates should be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Willingness and ability to train less experienced engineers in the art of systems engineering.
• Excellent telephone and customer service skills
• Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
Specific Skills and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities associated with this position include:
• Aware of and capable of providing systems engineering leadership and training to teams.
• Capable of acting as lead systems engineer on several programs at the same time.
• Experienced in system architecture design and implementation.
• Leadership in the development of architectural frameworks while managing the development of these frameworks with coherent and consistent architectural views.
• Experience with 'system of systems' architecture development, partitioning of functionality among applications and components, and application interfaces/interoperability concerns.
• Experienced with technology assessment/appraisals, reporting results, and generating impact analysis
• Excellent communicator via presentations, reports, and documented artifacts
• Awareness of systems management and operational support tools
• Broad based engineering skills in software and hardware
• Other duties as required.
Our facilities are located in College Station, Texas, just four miles from Texas A&M University and centrally located near Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston.
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.lynntech.com. Lynntech is an EEO/AA Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!