- 25-Jan-2013 to 06-Mar-2013 (CST)
- College Station, TX, USA
- Full Time
Electronics Engineering Manager
College Station, TX
Lynntech, Inc., a technology development company, is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer who has the experience and desire to lead a small team of dedicated electrical and software engineering professionals, in addition to periodically taking the lead in the development of electronic hardware and/or software designs.
The candidate must be a self-motivated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Typical applications include miniaturized or field-ready devices utilizing fluidics-based process control with integrated electrical or optical/electronic sensors for agencies such as NASA, DOD, and NIH. Our development projects run the gamut from biological marker detection devices to fuel cells.
The position requires the capability to design, develop, and deliver complete instrumentation systems which integrate electromechanical devices and sensory hardware. In some cases you might be responsible for the full development of the system; however, in most cases, you will be in charge of small teams of electrical and mechanical engineers who are developing the system under your guidance.
You will also be in charge of the transition from lab hardware and/or software to on-board systems for those programs that require that level of development.
A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant, industrial experience or a master's degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant industrial experience is required. In order to be considered, you must show that you have supervisory and/or mentorship experience in small teams or, if in a mentorship position, the mentoring experience has occurred more than once.
• Engineering team leadership
• The position requires knowledge of PCB design methods and tools such as Altium Designer, SPICE modeling, analog and digital circuits, and microcontroller-based embedded systems.
• The candidate must also be proficient in programming languages such a C, C++, applied to microcontroller-based embedded systems.
• The candidate must be familiar with National Instruments LabView. Direct, hands on experience will give you an edge.
• Software development process methodologies
• Experience with Visual Basic, Visual Studio and device drivers.
• Familiarity with GUI development and system control design.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.lynntech.com. Feel free to include a cover letter or expanded resume to outline how you fit this position. Due to contract requirements, persons must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to apply for this position.
Lynntech is an EEO/AA employer.